ADULT DAYCARE SERVICE
The Gathering Place at 33 Davis Street in Presque is the “home away from home” for adult day respite service. We know how important it is that family caregivers get some needed “time out”, a break from the demands of 24/7 responsibilities. We provide needed support for caregivers by creating a safe place where individuals challenged with memory loss can participate in activities designed to enrich their daily lives. It is a supportive program that focuses on capabilities, experiences, interests and personalities to maximize their full potential.
Admission criteria for the service are..
- Be able to participate in activities
- Be able to function in a social setting
- Be non-combative, no threat to others or to themselves
- Be capable of performing activities of daily living with limited aid
- Be able to administer own medications and personal care if needed during program hours
- Be independently ambulatory